Tuesday, January 20, 2009

O'blog'a

My friends, family, and co-worker Mark, today is a great day for the The Geniousphere.  Today, i found out that President Obama is left handed.   That's right, President Barack is a lefty, just like me.  In my post-inaugural bliss, i realized that this was the perfect angle for any story, and contacted his people about an interview.

ring ring

"Hello, you've reached the White House, this is White House Press Person A"

"Hello, i'd like an interview with Obama, please."

"One moment sir, I'll transfer you to the White House Interview Person I."

"Can you transfer me to White House Interview Person V?"

"Of course."

Some White House Hold music is playing at this point.  I'm trying not to be annoyed at their less-than-immediate response time.

"Hello, this is White House Interview Person V."

"Hello, can i interview Obama?  i'm from the internets, and i write for a left-friendly blog."

"Certainly sir, he'll be over in a few minutes."

i turned my television back on and saw that Obama wasn't at the ceremonies anymore.  i wondered where Obama would land  Air Force 1, but didn't worry about it.  He's a resourceful guy.  He won an election.  Shortly after i finished

20 minutes after the inauguration, i had a chance to sit down with President Obama and talk about how things are on the left.  

"Hello, citizen.  It's good to be here.  I am your president, Obama!!!!"

At this point i'm pretty impressed.  he's my president, and he uses more than the standard 3 exclamation marks.  i noticed that he does favour his left hand a bit when saying 'your'.  It makes me feel like i'm noticed.

"That's a pretty self-proclaiming proclamation."

"I'm sorry if it was a bit much.  I'm just so excited.  I've come a long way for this day, and it's finally here."

"You have come a long way, i'll give you that.  Tell me, what was it like growing up a minority?"

"It was hard at times.  I grew up in a lot of areas where there was segregation.  I was alwa-"

"You grew up somewhere that segregated 10% of the people?  How did families deal with being split"

"Families being split?  No, the families stuck together, so they weren't really split."

"Sins of the father..."

"What?  I don't think you can judge a father, or any person for that matter, on something they were born with."

"No, you can't.  You're right of course, but there are many less 'forward thinking' folk who do."

i offer Obama a Triscuit.  He politely refuses.

"There are many stereotypes to overcome.  People all over the world think that it leads to messier handwriting, but your penmanship is very neat and elegant, did it take a lot to overcome?"

"Excuse me?  I've never heard of a stereotype of African Americans having messier handwriting."

"African Americans?  No, man.  i'm talking about the plight of the left handed community right now.  People say we have messy handwriting, but look where the binding is.  It's what's keeping us down."

"Left handed?  You mean, you are a writer for the most left hand-friendly blog on the internets?"

"Yes, what did you think i meant?"

"I have to go.  I have to get back to the ceremonies."

"Alright, see you later."

As he leaves, i began writing.  It's good to have a president as aware of the trials of being left handed as i.  Perhaps he'll bring me on board as his left hand man.  Chuckles.

No comments: